The Mournerâ€™s Kaddish is said during the three daily prayer services, in the presence of a minyan (quorum of ten adult Jews), during:
- Eleven months following the death of a parent or close relative,
- On the YahrzeitÂ (anniversary), of the death of a parent or close relative. The date for observing Yahrzeit follows the Hebrew calendar, beginning with the evening service, and continues through the following morning and afternoon services. A tool for converting secular calendar dates to Hebrew dates can be found at: http://www.hebcal.com
Click Here:Â PRINT versionÂ with Hebrew transliteration and English translation.
Click Here:Â AUDIO version with Hebrew transliteration, English translation, and body movement instructions.
In addition to the recitation of the Mourner’s Kaddish, there are four memorial services following a death or on a Yahrzeit (anniversary), termed Yizkor services. Yizkor service is held on Yom Kippur, Pesah, Shavuot, and Shâ€™mini Atzeret. The Yizkor dates for 5777 (2017-2018) are:
- Yom Kippur, September 30, 2017/ 10 Tishre
- Shâ€™mini Atzeret: October 12, 2017/ 22 Tishre
- Pesah: April 7/ 22 Nisan
- Shavuot: May 21, 2018/ 7Â Sivan
For questions regarding Yizkor service, Please contact Moshe Pinchover:Â EmailÂ or 860-236-1275. Visit our homepage for scheduled minyan times.
The Minyan Experience: 11 month journey of healing
A few years ago, several congregants began attending daily minyan to say kaddish for the recent loss of a parent. By attending minyan regularly,Â the individuals became a cohort, comfort and support for each other.
Click HERE to read more about their personal journey of healing minyan experience