Social Action/B’Yadeynu (‘in our hands’) Committee reaches out to those in need in our community, both locally and globally. B’Yadeynu often partners with other synagogue and nonprofit agencies, giving Emanuel members the opportunity to bring forward their own ideas and chair projects based on personal interest.
Annual and ongoing B’Yadeynu projects include:
- Collections for: Foodshare, The Anja Rosenberg Kosher Food Pantry, and West Hartford Food Pantry.
- Annual Blood Drive: American Red Cross
- Lillian Harris Thanksgiving Turkey Drive
- Holiday gifts to Jewish soldiers overseas.
- Monthly Friday services at Hebrew Health
- Partnership with JFACT for the CT annual Interfaith Hunger Seder
- Passover fund donation distribution
- Education to raise awareness for both local and global issues, such as the Yazidi genocide project Click for information
B’Yadeynu is represented on the Social Justice Task Force and the Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) of the Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford, as as well as other social action community committees. We welcome you to join us! CONTACT our co-chairs: Risa Davidson, and Janet Wallans.