Our nationally-recognized Torat Hayim program offers an innovative curriculum designed to involve the whole family in Jewish learning. We believe the most significant and long-lasting learning is achieved through the context of family. When children see their parents study, their own study takes on a greater personal significance.
Torat Hayim at The Emanuel:
- Provides a broad and deep religious educational experience for students and parents.
- Develops Jewish activities within the synagogue as well as the family home.
- Provides rich Shabbat experiences for the whole family.
- Facilitates pleasant, convenient parental involvement.
- Helps each child’s religious education schedule fit lifestyle needs.
Jewish Day School families are encouraged to be part of our Torat Hayim program through attendance at Parent Seminars and Family Shabbatot. Other family learning options include: hands-on holiday experiences, life cycle observances, trips, festival celebrations, Sunday workshops, and Jewish living activities.