Did you know that you can help The Emanuel through your IRA? Tax-free distributions can be made from individual retirement plans for a charitable purpose. This “Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD)”, permits taxpayers age 70.5 years of age or older to make tax-free distributions to The Emanuel from any Individual Retirement Account (IRA) up to $100,000 per taxpayer, per tax year. Please contact your tax adviser for details as The Emanuel is not qualified to give tax advice.
How does this work? Just follow these simple steps:
1. The gift may be any amount, up to a maximum of $100,000 per year.
2. The gift must be an outright gift, not a planned or deferred gift.
3. You may not receive a benefit in exchange for the gift.
4. You must be at least 70.5 years of age.
5. The amount you give must be otherwise taxable if distributed directly to you.
6. You must make the gift directly to The Emanuel.
If you do not qualify for this tax incentive but are still interested in supporting The Emanuel, please contact the main office.